All Staying Active News
- Exercise Is Good Medicine April 1, 2022
Get Up and Join the Movement
As we emerge from the doldrums of winter hibernation and COVID-19-related inertia, it’s important to remember that exercise is good medicine and there’s no better time than now, to get moving again.
“There isn’t a chronic condition that can’t be better managed with an appropriate dose of exercise,” asserts Continue Reading
- What Does BMI Really Tell Us? April 1, 2022Continue Reading
Definitive Diagnostic Tool or Part of a Greater Health Matrix?
It’s an easily understood calculation: Body Mass Index, popularly known as BMI, computes an individual’s measure of body fat as weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. Levels are defined as Underweight if less than 18.5, Normal weight if between 18.5 ...
- A Novel Approach to Behavior Change December 15, 2021Continue Reading
How to Replace Bad Habits with Healthy, Sustainable Behaviors
For entrepreneur physician Kyra Bobinet, MD, the typical reasons behind a failed diet served as the impetus for developing a novel approach to behavior change.
“I was doing so well. I knew what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, and then I just stopped doing it…and ...
- Start 2021 off Right by Sticking to your Winter Exercise Plan January 1, 2021Continue Reading
A Winter Workout Routine Will Prepare You For Life After COVID
Exercise will reduce pain, improve function and mobility, lower blood pressure and blood sugar, decrease risk of chronic illness and ...
- Brain Training and Your Cognitive Abilities November 25, 2019Continue Reading
Does Brain Training Increase Your Cognitive Abilities?
BY KEVIN GRAY
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
There are lots of ways to work out. You’ve got resistance training, endurance training and high-intensity interval training, among others. Of course, we can’t forget brain training. Which begs the question: What the heck is brain training?
Also called cognitive training, brain training involves ...
- Exercise & Quick Weight Loss September 18, 2019Continue Reading
8 Ways to Eat and Exercise For Quick Weight Loss
There are times in our life when we need to lose weight quickly, either for weddings, reunions, special ...
- 5 Weight-Loss Numbers You Should Know September 5, 2019Continue Reading
Weight Loss Goals
Daily or weekly weigh-ins can be beneficial and it’s important to keep in mind that sustainable weight loss involves focusing on other ...
- Pro Tips on Running According to Your Body Type August 29, 2019Continue Reading
What is Somatotype?
A person’s body type — somatotype — used to be defined in simple terms: ectomorphs are thin, mesomorphs are muscular and endomorphs tend to hold onto ...
- Essential Guide to Avoiding Running and Walking Injuries August 7, 2019
Walking and running injuries are very common but can be avoidable by understanding the signs and symptoms. According to ...
- Fighting Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fighting Fatigue at Its Roots
Feel like you are fighting fatigue throughout the day, the joy in life slowly diminishing and your active lifestyle becoming a distant memory? Are these ordinary signs of ...
- What Does BMI Really Tell Us? April 1, 2022