- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting ...
- Superfoods and Your Immune System July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Food for Thought: Nourishing the Immune System
As football coaches and nutritionists know, the best offense is a good defense. In the fight against COVID-19, the promise of boosting the immune system with specific ‘superfoods’ ...
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably ...
- Patient with COVID-19 Donates Plasma June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Clinical trials used to evaluate convalescent plasma for treating patients with COVID-19.
Mark and his wife Kim were diagnosed with the coronavirus in early March, after returning from a trip to Fla. ...
- Colonoscopies Without Fear June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Colonoscopies Without Fear
Recognize Colorectal Cancer Awareness by learning more about this lifesaving screening.
As one of the country’s most preventable illnesses, with a readily available test that is both diagnostic and therapeutic, why ...
- The Safe Re-Opening Plan At Family Heathcare Of Fairfax May 16, 2020Continue Reading
We will follow the disease data in Virginia and choose a prudent opening date for in-person office visits.
OUR SAFE RE-OPENING PLAN WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Prior to resuming in-person office visits, our personnel will be tested for coronavirus and re-tested periodically. It has always been our policy that providers and staff are advised to ...
- Updates On Antibody Testing May 11, 2020
THE GOOD NEWSLet’s start with the good news: the coronavirus pandemic update in the United States is slowing. Hospitals in NYC and around the country are no longer overwhelmed, and they have adequate PPE and ventilators. The death rate, which most consider a lagging indicator of disease, is trending down across the country. States are ...Continue Reading
- Kombucha, Kimchi and More: Nutrition Spotlight May 1, 2020Continue Reading
Nutrition Spotlight: Kombucha, Kimchi and More
Researchers continue to examine the trillions of bacterial species residing in our gut microbiome to better understand their potential to help maintain health and prevent disease. Some ...
- Dr. Shmorhun is in the news – Washington Examiner! April 18, 2020Continue Reading
- Testing, Treatments, Monitoring and Contract Tracing April 14, 2020Continue Reading
Cathy Tong and I compiled our ideas about how our country can move towards normalcy. These ideas are based on our experience with coronavirus so far and our judgment as family health practitioners. We do not claim to be experts on coronavirus or pandemics, but we have formulated what we consider a reasonable guide ...
- Kombucha, Kimchi and More: Nutrition Spotlight May 1, 2020