- COVID VACCINE UPDATE January 7, 2021Continue Reading
News Flash: The providers and staff at Family Healthcare have received their first dose of the Covid vaccine! Many of our patients who work in healthcare facilities have been vaccinated as well and at least one has completed the two-shot series. No significant side effects were experienced by any of us.
We are so pleased that ...
- NBC4 – Our Receptionist Vanessa Moir Receives COVID Vaccine January 7, 2021
Our beloved receptionist, Vanessa Moir, who everyone knows and loves, was interviewed by NBC 4 in Washington DC the day she received her COVID vaccine, 12/30/20. Vanessa says she is delighted that scientists have worked so hard to protect people.
- New Year’s Resolutions Are So 2020! January 1, 2021Continue Reading
What are your 2021 Anti-Resolutions?
Year after year, the pattern rarely varies. Resolutions made, promptly followed by resolutions broken. The odds of sticking to New Year’s resolutions are, in fact, completely stacked against ...
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 1, 2021Continue Reading
Experts Expect Record Numbers of Seasonal Affective Disorder Diagnosis in 2021
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is also ...
- Start 2021 off Right by Sticking to your Winter Exercise Plan January 1, 2021Continue Reading
A Winter Workout Routine Will Prepare You For Life After COVID
Exercise will reduce pain, improve function and mobility, lower blood pressure and blood sugar, decrease risk of chronic illness and ...
- Can We Co-Exist with COVID-19? October 12, 2020Continue Reading
An Epidemiologist Separates Fact from Fiction and Offers Hope for the Future
Epidemiologists seek to learn why, how and when some people contract diseases when others don’t. Their findings are used to help monitor public health status, develop new medical treatments and disease prevention ...
- Let It Go: The Ancient Art of Meditation October 12, 2020Continue Reading
Finding Peace Through Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindful, compassionate, serene, happy: emotions that have been in short supply during the pandemic but can be beautifully restored to those who embrace the chance to learn the time- honored practice and art of meditation. For many, ...
- How Red Meat Went from Taboo to Acceptable and Back Again October 12, 2020Continue Reading
What’s the Beef With Red Meat?
It’s long been the case that provocative headlines, unexpected findings and misinformation travel far faster than conventional wisdom, especially in the internet age. Even respected medical journals like the Annals of Internal Medicine can become caught ...
- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting ...
- Superfoods and Your Immune System July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Food for Thought: Nourishing the Immune System
As football coaches and nutritionists know, the best offense is a good defense. In the fight against COVID-19, the promise of boosting the immune system with specific ‘superfoods’ ...