All News & Events
- NBC4 – Our Receptionist Vanessa Moir Receives COVID Vaccine January 7, 2021
Our beloved receptionist, Vanessa Moir, who everyone knows and loves, was interviewed by NBC 4 in Washington DC the day she received her COVID vaccine, 12/30/20. Vanessa says she is delighted that scientists have worked so hard to protect people.
- Patient with COVID-19 Donates Plasma June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Clinical trials used to evaluate convalescent plasma for treating patients with COVID-19.
Mark and his wife Kim were diagnosed with the coronavirus in early March, after returning from a trip to Fla. ...
- The Safe Re-Opening Plan At Family Heathcare Of Fairfax May 16, 2020Continue Reading
We will follow the disease data in Virginia and choose a prudent opening date for in-person office visits.
OUR SAFE RE-OPENING PLAN WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Prior to resuming in-person office visits, our personnel will be tested for coronavirus and re-tested periodically. It has always been our policy that providers and staff are advised to ...
- Updates On Antibody Testing May 11, 2020
THE GOOD NEWSLet’s start with the good news: the coronavirus pandemic update in the United States is slowing. Hospitals in NYC and around the country are no longer overwhelmed, and they have adequate PPE and ventilators. The death rate, which most consider a lagging indicator of disease, is trending down across the country. States are ...Continue Reading
- Dr. Shmorhun is in the news – Washington Examiner! April 18, 2020Continue Reading
- Testing, Treatments, Monitoring and Contract Tracing April 14, 2020Continue Reading
Cathy Tong and I compiled our ideas about how our country can move towards normalcy. These ideas are based on our experience with coronavirus so far and our judgment as family health practitioners. We do not claim to be experts on coronavirus or pandemics, but we have formulated what we consider a reasonable guide ...
- Stay Home To Reduce Exposure April 8, 2020Continue Reading
First, let me say how proud I am that the patients in our practice are doing a spectacular job of following the pandemic precautions recommended by the CDC. I have spoken to many of you over the last three weeks and clearly, everyone is compliant to the degree that is possible. I remind ...
- Remain Optimistic During the Pandemic March 31, 2020Continue Reading
UPDATE ON THE PANDEMIC 3/31/2020
Many of you are struggling to remain optimistic during the coronavirus pandemic. Our staff has spoken to many who are afraid of the disease, afraid for the health of loved ones, afraid of shortages in stores and pharmacies and confused by the news they receive from the ...
- The Number of COVID-19 Cases in the US is Rising March 30, 2020Continue Reading
UPDATE ON THE PANDEMIC 3/30/2020
The number of cases in the US is rising rapidly as testing has become more available. While the news seems to indicate that the number of people infected is doubling every few days, people need to understand that the number of positive tests indicates that the disease has been ...
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update March 30, 2020CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 3/26/2020Hello!It has been a pleasure hearing positive feedback from so many of you about our communications regarding the coronavirus pandemic. We at Family Healthcare are meeting every day and adjusting our protocols and procedures as circumstances evolve and change. We continue to see both well and sick visits and have segregated well visits ...Continue Reading
- Dr. Shmorhun is in the news – Washington Examiner! April 18, 2020