All News & Events
- NBC4 – Our Receptionist Vanessa Moir Receives COVID Vaccine January 7, 2021
Our beloved receptionist, Vanessa Moir, who everyone knows and loves, was interviewed by NBC 4 in Washington DC the day she received her COVID vaccine, 12/30/20. Vanessa says she is delighted that scientists have worked so hard to protect people.
- Dr. Shmorhun is in the news – Washington Examiner! April 18, 2020Continue Reading
- American Heart Month Recipes February 20, 2020Continue Reading
In celebration of American Heart Month, please enjoy these two delicious heart-healthy recipes below.
- How You Can Walk Off Belly Fat December 4, 2019Continue Reading
BY MARC LINDSAY
- Brain Training and Your Cognitive Abilities November 25, 2019Continue Reading
Does Brain Training Increase Your Cognitive Abilities?
BY KEVIN GRAY
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
There are lots of ways to work out. You’ve got resistance training, endurance training and high-intensity interval training, among others. Of course, we can’t forget brain training. Which begs the question: What the heck is brain training?
Also called cognitive training, brain training involves ...
- Recap: Aging in Place November 12, 2019Continue Reading
The Keys to Happy, Healthy and Fulfilling Senior Living Revealed at Dr. Shmorhun’s “Aging in Place” Seminar
At Dr. Shmorhun’s recent, well-attended educational event for older adults and their families, he shared the keys to navigating a smooth and satisfying transition to the senior years. Bringing his decades of experience helping senior patients successfully cope with ...
- How Water Weight Affects Weight Loss October 16, 2019Continue Reading
What Is Water Weight?
Water makes up 60% of your body weight, and it’s one of the first things you lose. Weight decreases as a change in muscle, fat and water.
- Sleep Cycles Explained: What Happens After You Close Your Eyes? October 9, 2019Continue Reading
Sleep Cycle Guide
Shortly after you crawl into bed your body shifts into 5 different sleep cycles. During each cycle, your brain goes through different patterns that are important for your overall health.
- Weight Gain or Loss and Other Signs of Thyroid Issues October 2, 2019Continue Reading
Weight Issues & Your Thyroid
People gain weight for a number of reasons that go beyond your calorie intake and workouts. You might be on a new medication or even stress can be ...
- Metabolism: 8 Bad Habits September 26, 2019Continue Reading
As you know, your metabolism slows as you age. Research shows that getting older is associated with a progressive decline in basal ...