All Medical Condition News
- What’s Keeping You Up at Night? April 1, 2022
Breaking the Cycle of Anxiety, Insomnia and Sleep Anxiety
A good night’s sleep does more than refresh and revitalize. It’s essential to your health, so make it a priority to understand what’s keeping you up at night.
“Healthy sleep is as important as proper nutrition and regular exercise for our physical and mental well-being,” says Continue Reading
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 11, 2022Continue Reading
Coping With Sad This Winter
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is once again on our radar. More subtle than an arctic blast, SAD is just as real, with just as much potential to have a chilling effect on our mood, productivity and wellness. Similar ...
- New Lung Cancer Screening Recommendations June 22, 2021Continue Reading
Spotlighting Both Challenges and Progress
This winter the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) released its new Lung Cancer screening recommendations, lowering both the ...
- A Quick Guide to Seasonal Allergies June 22, 2021Continue Reading
Pollen, Grass, Ragweed and Mold spores
For more than 24 million Americans, the flowering trees and mild weather of spring and summer, signals another allergy season in full bloom. The cause: ...
- Can We Co-Exist with COVID-19? October 12, 2020Continue Reading
An Epidemiologist Separates Fact from Fiction and Offers Hope for the Future
Epidemiologists seek to learn why, how and when some people contract diseases when others don’t. Their findings are used to help monitor public health status, develop new medical treatments and disease prevention ...
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human condition ...
- How You Can Walk Off Belly Fat December 4, 2019Continue Reading
BY MARC LINDSAY
- Alcohol Affects Women Differently than Men December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine ...
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019Continue Reading
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and ...
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 11, 2022