- Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback November 26, 2019Continue Reading
If you are not taking your prescription dugs as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length ...
- Brain Training and Your Cognitive Abilities November 25, 2019Continue Reading
Does Brain Training Increase Your Cognitive Abilities?
BY KEVIN GRAY
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
There are lots of ways to work out. You’ve got resistance training, endurance training and high-intensity interval training, among others. Of course, we can’t forget brain training. Which begs the question: What the heck is brain training?
Also called cognitive training, brain training involves ...
- Recap: Aging in Place November 12, 2019Continue Reading
The Keys to Happy, Healthy and Fulfilling Senior Living Revealed at Dr. Shmorhun’s “Aging in Place” Seminar
At Dr. Shmorhun’s recent, well-attended educational event for older adults and their families, he shared the keys to navigating a smooth and satisfying transition to the senior years. Bringing his decades of experience helping senior patients successfully cope with ...
- How Water Weight Affects Weight Loss October 16, 2019Continue Reading
What Is Water Weight?
Water makes up 60% of your body weight, and it’s one of the first things you lose. Weight decreases as a change in muscle, fat and water.
Fat mass doesn’t change quickly, but you can lose as much as five pounds of ...
- Sleep Cycles Explained: What Happens After You Close Your Eyes? October 9, 2019Continue Reading
Sleep Cycle Guide
Shortly after you crawl into bed your body shifts into 5 different sleep cycles. During each cycle, your brain goes through different patterns that are important for your overall health.
According to Dr. Jeffrey Lliff, ” your brain is not simply asleep or awake; it ...
- Weight Gain or Loss and Other Signs of Thyroid Issues October 2, 2019Continue Reading
Weight Issues & Your Thyroid
People gain weight for a number of reasons that go beyond your calorie intake and workouts. You might be on a new medication or even stress can be a factor. But even after you’ve eliminated all the possibilities and are ...
- Metabolism: 8 Bad Habits September 26, 2019Continue Reading
As you know, your metabolism slows as you age. Research shows that getting older is associated with a progressive decline in basal metabolic rate. Additionally, some of our daily habits can drain your metabolism further. Below ...
- Exercise & Quick Weight Loss September 18, 2019Continue Reading
8 Ways to Eat and Exercise For Quick Weight Loss
There are times in our life when we need to lose weight quickly, either for weddings, reunions, special events, or to boost motivation. Ramping up your workouts is a great way ...
- Fiber: The Essential Guide September 11, 2019Continue Reading
Why Is It Essential?
Fiber is essential for a healthy digestive tract even though it’s the structural part of plant foods that our bodies can’t even absorb. However, most people fall short of the daily recommendations and miss out on ...
- 5 Weight-Loss Numbers You Should Know September 5, 2019Continue Reading
Weight Loss Goals
Daily or weekly weigh-ins can be beneficial and it’s important to keep in mind that sustainable weight loss involves focusing on other numbers too. Scale numbers can be misleading and they don’t always reflect weight-loss ...