- 5 Weight-Loss Numbers You Should Know September 5, 2019
Weight Loss Goals
Daily or weekly weigh-ins can be beneficial and it’s important to keep in mind that sustainable weight loss involves focusing on other numbers too. Scale numbers can be misleading and they don’t always reflect weight-loss ... Continue Reading
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ... Continue Reading
- Pro Tips on Running According to Your Body Type August 29, 2019
What is Somatotype?
A person’s body type — somatotype — used to be defined in simple terms: ectomorphs are thin, mesomorphs are muscular and endomorphs tend to hold onto extra weight easily. But it turns out it’s much more complicated ... Continue Reading
- Essential Guide to Portion Sizes August 22, 2019
Serving Size Vs. Portion Size
We’ve all been there: after enjoying a quick snack, we check the nutrition label only to learn we’ve just eaten two, three or even four servings when we thought we were having one. Our ... Continue Reading
- Essential Guide to Fat August 14, 2019
Don’t be afraid of fat. Not only does it make food taste good, but it also plays an important role in a healthy, balanced diet. Learn more about the basics of fat and how it can positively affect health ... Continue Reading
- Essential Guide to Avoiding Running and Walking Injuries August 7, 2019
- Keto Diet: Right for You? August 1, 2019
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely does not exist, but Americans’ perpetual search continues unabated. Low-carb diets such as Paleo, Whole30, and most ... Continue Reading
- Are Eggs Bad For Heart Health? (Again) July 31, 2019
Although eggs were exonerated in recent years from their reputation as a hindrance to cholesterol, it’s difficult for individuals who are told one thing for decades to suddenly believe the opposite.
- A High-Fiber Diet Could Help You Live Longer July 24, 2019
Eating a fiber-filled diet doesn’t have to mean noshing on bran muffins and drinking prune juice. Avocados, raspberries, artichokes, lentils, kidney beans, and chickpeas are all high in fiber and can help you ... Continue Reading
- Welcome to Summer! Ticks, Mosquitoes, Poison Ivy and Sun July 17, 2019
Tick-borne disease is on the rise in the US, with 7 new tick diseases identified in the last 15 years. This spike in disease is due to a greater number of ticks invading larger areas of the ... Continue Reading