- The Number of COVID-19 Cases in the US is Rising March 30, 2020Continue Reading
UPDATE ON THE PANDEMIC 3/30/2020
The number of cases in the US is rising rapidly as testing has become more available. While the news seems to indicate that the number of people infected is doubling every few days, people need to understand that the number of positive tests indicates that the disease has been ...
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update March 30, 2020CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 3/26/2020Hello!It has been a pleasure hearing positive feedback from so many of you about our communications regarding the coronavirus pandemic. We at Family Healthcare are meeting every day and adjusting our protocols and procedures as circumstances evolve and change. We continue to see both well and sick visits and have segregated well visits ...Continue Reading
- Coronavirus update for our patients March 18, 2020Continue Reading
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 3/16/2020
We at Family Healthcare of Fairfax want you, our patients, to receive coronavirus updates and be fully informed about the coronavirus epidemic and confident that we will help you weather any illness, deliver calm for your fears, and provide clarity during this uncertain time. Our providers and staff are caring professionals who ...
- Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat: Meaty Topics March 1, 2020Continue Reading
Meaty Topics: Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat
They’re 2019’s most sizzling success story, found everywhere from grocery freezer to fast food counter. Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have brought the plant-based burger from fringe ...
- American Heart Month Recipes February 20, 2020Continue Reading
In celebration of American Heart Month, please enjoy these two delicious heart-healthy recipes below.
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human ...
- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020Continue Reading
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of ...
- How You Can Walk Off Belly Fat December 4, 2019Continue Reading
BY MARC LINDSAY
Walking might not be the most strenuous form of exercise, but it is an effective way to get in shape and burn fat. While you can’t spot-reduce fat, walking can help reduce overall fat (including belly fat), which, despite being ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ...
- Coronavirus update for our patients March 18, 2020