- A Quick Spin on Dizziness, Vertigo and Other Balance Disorders November 20, 2017Continue Reading
Common, rarely life-threatening, but very unsettling, an attack of dizziness or vertigo can send your world into a spin with simple acts like turning around to back up a car, bending down to tie a ...
- The Connected Patient: Keeping Up with Apps March 14, 2017Continue Reading
The ubiquitous smart phone has boosted its useful- ness tenfold in the past decade with a mushrooming library of health and wellness apps. Some aim to help you monitor your condition day-to-day, understand and stay on track with medications, or diagnose your symptoms, ...
- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017Continue Reading
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand.
Here is ...
- Try a New Approach to Food in the New Year: Stop Dieting and Focus on Mindful Eating March 13, 2017Continue Reading
The dieting-overeating-weight regain cycle is almost inevitable, not because people fail diets but because diets fail people. It is important to understand that rebound overeating happens to almost everybody, and should not be viewed as an individual weakness or fault. The main reason ...
- Why Undereating Won’t Actually Help You Lose Weight January 23, 2017Continue Reading
- Is Sitting Truly the New Smoking? January 18, 2017Continue Reading
- Can you tell the difference between tired and hungry? -TODAY January 13, 2017Continue Reading
- How to Winterize Your Walk Program January 10, 2017Continue Reading
- Get Your Flu Shot! November 7, 2016Continue Reading
Family Healthcare will offer both high dose and regular flu vaccines by the end of September. The CDC recommends flu vaccines from ages 6 months & older, especially in those with chronic disease like cancer, respiratory, kidney or heart disease, and diabetes. Flu shots can be given during a scheduled appointment, or by calling 703-573-6400 ...
- 10 Ways to Observe National Diabetes Month November 2, 2016Continue Reading