CDC Information About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Clinical trials used to evaluate convalescent plasma for treating patients with COVID-19.
Mark and his wife Kim were diagnosed with the corona virus in early March, after returning from a trip to Fla. Both struggled with prolonged cough, fever and fatigue but were able to recover at home with close medical follow up via telemedicine and oxygen monitoring with the use of a pulse oximeter. Now fully recovered, Mark recently donated plasma, in hopes that the antibodies he developed in response to the corona virus can be used to help treat patients sick with the virus. Data from China indicates that plasma containing corona antibodies has the potential to reduce the length of time and the severity of illness in patients sick with corona.
While it is still unknown if the antibodies that Mark produced will protect them from future reinfection with the virus, several clinical trials with “convalescent plasma” are evaluating its ability to help treat those sick with corona.
Family Healthcare of Fairfax COVID-19 Newsletters
- COVID VACCINE UPDATE January 7, 2021 Continue Reading
- Update on COVID Testing and the COVID Vaccine December 21, 2020 Continue Reading
- Patient with COVID-19 Donates Plasma June 1, 2020 Continue Reading
- The Safe Re-Opening Plan At Family Heathcare Of Fairfax May 16, 2020 Continue Reading
- Updates On Antibody Testing May 11, 2020 Continue Reading
- Testing, Treatments, Monitoring and Contract Tracing April 14, 2020 Continue Reading
- Stay Home To Reduce Exposure April 8, 2020 Continue Reading
- Remain Optimistic During the Pandemic March 31, 2020 Continue Reading
- The Number of COVID-19 Cases in the US is Rising March 30, 2020 Continue Reading
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update March 30, 2020 Continue Reading